Teflex is a leading manufacturer of expanded PTFE sheets in China. It is also popularly known as a Teflex Gasket Company. The company manufactures other products from PTFE like joint sealants, gasket tape, cords, and membrane. Other products by Teflex include products that are filled with PTFE like glass, bronze, silica, carbon, and graphite filled PTFE sheets. The organization has been in existence since 2015, and within half a decade has built a positive reputation across the country for its services. In this write-up, we looked at some of the basics of PTFE and expanded PTFE.
What is the Definition of PTFE?
PTFE also referred to as polytetrafluoroethylene, is a strong material that is used in a variety of industries as a raw material. The material is quite popular because of its features which include;
- PTFE, sometimes known as Teflon, has a very strong resistance to chemical substances. Therefore, it is used in the manufacture of products that are exposed to chemicals regularly.
- PTFE also tends to perform impeccably well in environments with temperatures that are as high as 260 degrees Celsius.
- The material is also characterized by low co-efficiency to friction. This characteristic is supported by the fact that the material is quite sturdy.
- The material also tends to last longer because it can stand all most kinds of abrasions.
- PTFE is also odorless and non-corrosive. This means that you do not have to worry about PTFE contaminating the contents that it comes into contact with. Because of this, it is one of the most highly approved materials in the food processing industry.
What is the Definition of Expanded PTFE?
Expanded PTFE is a type of PTFE that is manufactured using 100% virgin PTFE. This kind of PTFE features all the characteristics of regular PTFE, with the exception that it is more resistant to cold flow and creep. This kind of material is commonly used as a sealing fabric.
Benefits of Expanded PTFE over regular PTFE
One of the primary benefits of expanded PTFE over ordinary PTFE is that it is highly compressible. This is because it features a multi-directional fibrous texture that allows for it to perform well in varying surface pressures. The material is also characterized by perfect adaptability to the sealing surface.
Another advantage of expanded PTFE, also referred to as PTFE, is that it is customizable. This means that it can be tampered with to meet different kinds of hardness, surface energies, stiffness, and other physical properties depending on its application.
Expanded PTFE also tends to work well in an extreme environment, and it can deliver a level of performance that is far greater than the latter.
Bothe regular PTFE and expanded PTFE are excellent materials with impeccable qualities. The two types of materials are applied widely in a variety of industries, the likes of the food industry, and those that deal with mineral oils, solvents, corrosive chemicals, and other kinds of chemicals. However, if you have to choose between the two based on their characteristics, expanded PTFE would be the best choice. You can acquire the materials from reputable PTFE sheet manufacturers like Teflex.